Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Block Five

Teachers Stress
At the beginning of a child’s education, the child is taught to memorize the answers for the test; let’s be honest that is practically what standardized test are like. One struggle that these middle school teachers encounter is the two day memorization strategy the students were taught. Students were taught to memorize the questions and the answers and then the next day take the test. However, the teachers are now trying to implicate how to teach the students to learn how things work instead of just memorizing. Every teacher and every grade level struggles to overcome the struggle of students just memorizing and not actually learning.

Back Flash Realization
If I knew back in the day what I knew today, my knowledge would be a LIFE saver! One struggle for the middle school kids is time management, note taking skills, research, etc. Doing a six grade social studies worksheet back in the day was DREADFUL, whereas if you handed me a six grade social studies worksheet (even when I did not know the topic) I would be able to be efficient and accurate on the worksheet through time management and researching in the textbook for answers. One key word that will be a LIFE SAVER for time management and accuracy for students to know is INDEX! The index is a person’s BEST friend!

Is Co-Ed really Ok?
I use to think that same-sex schools were the dumbest thing ever; now I can see major benefits! Having a same-sex school would enhance the attention in the classroom and probably improve grades within subjects. In a co-ed classroom the boys have girls to show off for and the girls have flirting to encounter with the boys. Girls are all into appearance and boy drama and the boys are into who can get more girls and be the funny one showing off. This then results in distraction, time consuming, less learning, and low self-esteem. There are few negatives with a same-sex school such as low co-ed social skills and such; however, I feel there is way more to benefit in a same-sex school then in a co-ed school for students emotionally and academically. This conversation then can run into having school uniforms or not for educational benefits!

My Opinion: I may be shot for saying this!

I would be all for same-sex schools, school uniforms, year round school, and longer school days. My reasoning would be for more effective learning and having more time to focus on learning. Communities would avoid some teen pregnancies, drinking, drugs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment